Consciously evolving your business
The marketplace is a space in which you get to offer what you have to those who might want or need it. If you are committed to offering value to those who actually keep you in business (a useful thing to remember), your behaviour will be driven by a desire to serve in the best ways you know how. For anyone who would see the world in terms of what is available for exploitation, behaviour will tend towards serving self which is incredibly limiting over time and will necessarily grow through a boom and bust kind of cycle.
To recognise we are now capable of embracing both service and self-motivations, we begin to see that to serve the community we inhabit IS to serve ourselves ultimately.
The time is ripe for any team or organisation to deeply reflect on their purpose and vision not just for its own sake, but for the wider community and to take things to the next level. The realities of our connectedness are still emerging and as we get to grips with the speed of change and the race to keep up, finding an inner space in which to reflect becomes vital.
Whatever your endeavour, now is a great time to reflect on the following possibilities:
- Your enterprise will evolve. If it has a meaningful purpose that is life affirming, support will flow in that direction given the physical universe we inhabit seems to favour life. Every life form gets its chance to have a go at thriving and continuing. The same is true for all your ideas.
- If your enterprise is evolving anyway, why not learn how to co-operate and even influence that evolution by learning to facilitate the expression of its’ potential, regardless of the niche it occupies or the mass it markets to.
- Are you and your team taking time to reflect on why you do what you do, where you are at now, what is seeking to emerge, and taking steps to co-operate with that?
- Imagine flying above your enterprise in a helicopter and observe the evolution of your organisation/team/life over time. This activity can provoke wonderful insights.
- Trust your sense of what is emerging and be ahead of the pack rather than trying to always catch up.
- What personal development do you need in order to maximize the effectiveness of your professional skills?
- Be alert for new learning opportunities that will enable you to flourish – they are around you all the time.
If you want or need support in these reflections call us for an obligation free appointment to discuss your needs.
Amanda Fleming is Director of PRESENTER AT LARGE LTD, an organisation dedicated to contributing to the evolution of human consciousness in individuals and organisations by designing and presenting highly stimulating and effective learning events that produce lasting positive results www.amandafleming.co.nz